Spring season is upon us and that calls for celebration and what better way to celebrate than to prepare some delicious food. We can finally put aside the parsnip, leek and beetroot and take out the asparagus, cauliflower and baby spinach. In today’s recipe it’s all about yummy green asparagus and fresh salmon with a hint of pomegranate.
Eating is a necessity but cooking is an art
When we think of spring we think of lovely weather, sitting around with friends and family having a good time and enjoying good food. That’s why we’re here to help set the mood right with this easy and healthy salmon and asparugus dish.
What do you need:
340g salmon cut into 2-3 fillet strips
200g green asparagus
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Salt and pepper
Pomegranate and spring onion to garnish
How to make it:
– Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pieces of salmon on it
– Season the fish with salt pepper, thyme, minced garlic and ½ freshly squeezed lemon. Slice the other half of the lemon and place them on each piece of the salmon.
– Drizzle olive oil over the entire tray and place it in the preheated oven for 15 min to 20 minutes.
– While the salmon is in the oven, start with washing the green asparugus and cut off the woody edges and briefly blanch them in boiling salted water.
– Take the aspargus out and season with salt and pepper before placing them on the grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side untill the spears are tender and crisp.
– Transfer the asparagus to a plate and place the salmon on top and garnish with cut spring onions and a tablespoon of pomegranate.
Ready to serve!
There you have it. A simple yet delicate dish to serve your friends or family. And with mothersday coming up it’s the perfect occasion to show off your cooking skills. Celebrate spring with all the vegetables it has to offer. This dish serves wonderfully with a lovely white wine of your own choice and your set for the day.